Upgrading to Fedora core 4

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Tue Sep 20 11:15:04 UTC 2005

Thomas Jollans wrote:

>>>   I doubt this will help as Anaconda is still being told you want a
>>>full install (including X).

>>I don't understand your comment;
>>"linux text" means you _don't_ want to install X.

> if the installer is told to upgrade a system it will upgrade X11 as well
> anyway, or not ?

I didn't express myself properly.
I should have said "use X" rather than "install X".

IIRC, the OP had a problem during the actual upgrade,
which appeared to be due to the fact that he was using graphic mode.
Therefore it was appropriate to suggest he try text mode.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366