Codecs for FC4-64

alan alan at clueserver.org
Tue Sep 20 18:49:08 UTC 2005

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005, Albert A. Modderkolk wrote:

> Xine will play mpegs, some wmvs and no .rms. Xine doesn't really show an
> error message but asks whether it should start playing anyway.
> I have made a symbolic link /usr/lib64/win32 -> /usr/lib/win32 which
> contains the below modules.
>
> Any idea what is wrong?

My guess would be that you are calling 32 bit libraries with a 64-bit
program.

I don't think that is going to work, unless xine has found some way to
hack 64->32 calls.

--
"Invoking the supernatural can explain anything, and hence explains nothing."
                  - University of Utah bioengineering professor Gregory Clark