X problem with i810 on latest update

Leon Stringer leon.stringer at ntlworld.com
Wed Sep 21 15:08:38 UTC 2005

Hi,

I just updated my X packages to the latest ones posted and they didn't
work with my Intel i810 on-board VGA.

The old xorg-x11 packages which work were 6.8.2-37.FC4.45.

The one's that don't work are 6.8.2-37.FC4.48.1.

So if you've got an i810 keep a copy of the old packages if you want to
try upgrading.

Also: is there a log of what changes in these packages? I'm guessing
that since only the numbers after FC4 have changed this is a revision of
the package and not any X11 files. What's been done to break this and
can I report it as a Fedora or upstream bug?

Regards,

Leon...