Digital Camera Best supported in Linux-FC4

Pete Toscano pete-fedora at verisignlabs.com
Wed Sep 21 19:31:21 UTC 2005

Robin Laing wrote:
> The biggest issue will be the if the RAW format
> of the files is supported.  I have yet to try this.
>
> There was a commercial program that Pentax referred me to.
>
> http://www.bibblelabs.com/

I've been using my Canon 20D with Linux and shoot almost entirely in
their RAW format (.cr2 files).  Bibble is very nice and has a nice
front-end too.

If you want to go on the less expensive end, check out dcraw
(http://www.cybercom.net/~dcoffin/dcraw) and it's associated programs.
There's a plugin that'll work with GIMP too.  While it's a good RAW
converter, I find it's a bit slow and converts things kind of dark, but
I'm pretty sure I could have made things better had I just spent more
time tweaking it.

Good luck.

pete