Painter IX

Henry Hartley henryhartley at westat.com
Wed Sep 21 19:32:06 UTC 2005

Well, not really.  I use both of those, and perhaps I just need to be
educated on new features.  Gimp and Inkscape do much, but not all of
what I want.  As far as I can tell, however, neither of those really
replaces Painter with its brushes, papers, and paints, etc.

FWIW, I find the Gimp interface to be harder to use then Photoshop's,
although that may just by the fact that I used Photoshop for so long and
got used to how it worked.  Also, I would say that while Gimp has come a
long way, it really isn't up to what Photoshop can do.

--
Henry