reset date and time

Yuandan Zhang yzhang4 at turing.une.edu.au
Thu Sep 22 14:03:52 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-09-21 at 20:33 -0700, Craig White wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-09-22 at 23:06 +1000, Yuandan Zhang wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I just installed FC4 (2.6.11-1.1369_FC4). most are working well.
> > However, there is a bit problem with time setup. I set the time to
> > Australia/Sydney. Every time after reboot, this time change to another
> > time, for example,
> >
> > 1st set local time to 10am, if I reboot at 11am, the time changed to 8pm
> > 2nd set,  set local time to 11:25am, after reboot, this time change to
> > 8:25pm
> >

> > tried a few times, all set times were reset to one other time after
> > reboot.
> >
> > any advice please?
> ----
> what is output of
> cat /etc/sysconfig/clock
>
> is UTC=true ?
>
> perhaps you should set it to false and set the clock...
>
> date -s 13:30 # sets system to 1:30 PM
> hwclock -s --systohc # -s may be redundant but sets hardware clock
>                      # to system clock
>
> Craig

I tried the command lines (hwclock etc). but the problem exists. During
shutdown, it seems at shutdown random seed, there was an quick error
'failed to synchronize hardware clock to the system clock'
During the boot at startup auditd, there was some error, something like,
' denied ( write )  '. not sure if they are related.

here is the cat /etc/sysconfig/clock

ZONE="Australia/Sydney"
UTC=false
ARC=false