Getting the error when booting to init 5 "error while loading shared libraries libjpeg.so.62" on FC3

Ankush Grover ankush174 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 10:12:19 UTC 2005

On 9/22/05, Alexander Apprich <a.apprich at science-computing.de> wrote:

> Hi Ankush,
>
> Ankush Grover wrote:
> > hey friends,
> >
> > I am using FC3 and the system is set to init 5 by default.But I am
> > getting the error when the system tries to go into the init 5 level.
> > I booted into init 3 level and then tried to run "startx" but the error
> > persists.
> >
> > The error is
> >
> > "/usr/bin/gnome-session error while loading shared libraries
> > libjpeg.so.62:cannot open shared object file.No such file or directory".
> >

> [root at sith ~]$ locate libjpeg.so.62
> /usr/lib/libjpeg.so.62
> /usr/lib/libjpeg.so.62.0.0
> [root at sith ~]$ rpm -qf /usr/lib/libjpeg.so.62
> libjpeg-6b-33
>
> you're missing the package libjpeg-6b-33...

Hey,

Thanks for the reply.The libjpeg-6b-33 is installed on my
system.Problemstarted when I wrongly updated libjpeg which was
actually
libjpeg-6b-33.1-sh4.rpm.

I reinstalled the libjpeg-6b-33.i386.rpm package from the FC3 cd.But still
the error is persisting.

What next should I do ?

Thanks & Regards

Ankush Grover