SSH behind a transparent proxy on Fedora Core 4

James Wilkinson fedora at westexe.demon.co.uk
Thu Sep 22 12:09:44 UTC 2005

Rakotomandimby Mihamina wrote:
> I am behind a transparent proxy, and use SSH to connect to some remote boxes.
> Directly conecting to my SSH is blocked, but the network
> admin told me I can do what I want through the transparent proxy. He
> gave me the IP address & port of the proxy.
>
> Where into the FC4 setting wizard could I indicate the proxy for SSH?

Never played with transparent proxies, but have you checked man
ssh_config and the ProxyCommand option? It suggests

    For example, the following directive would connect via an HTTP proxy
    at 192.0.2.0:

        ProxyCommand /usr/bin/nc -X connect -x 192.0.2.0:8080 %h %p

Hope this helps,

James.
--
E-mail address: james | Remember, half-measures can be very effective if
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | all you deal with are half-wits.