FC4: lapack-3.0-30.fc4 (please help!)

Globe Trotter itsme_410 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 23 22:58:08 UTC 2005

Hi,

I tried using LAPACK after a couple of months and the same program will not
compile. (It complains that it can not find -llapack).

gcc -Wall -g -ansi -pedantic test.c -o test svd.o mat_vec.o  -llapack
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -llapack
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [test] Error 1

Looking around, it appears that the following are what I have:

%locate liblapack
/usr/lib/liblapack.so.3
/usr/lib/liblapack.so.3.0
/usr/lib/liblapack.so.3.0.3

I actually do not know what an .so. file is, but is my issue that the path is
not set? But the funny thing is that I had used the same program and the same
command previously. What changed, o/w than the move from lapack-3.0.28 to
3.0.30? Did this do anything? Any suggestions as to what should be done?

Many thanks and best wishes!