Fedora Core 4 Upgrade from Core 3 fails with Swap File Error

Nigel J. Terry nigel at nigelterry.net
Mon Sep 26 22:38:22 UTC 2005

I have a good working Core3 system which I would like to upgrade to
Core4. I am upgrading from a tested DVD.

When I get to the upgrade check part, it offers to upgrade. There is
only one Core 3 listed /dev/VolGroup01/LogVol00

When I click next, I get the following message:

    Error enabling swap device VolGroup00/LogVol01:
    No such file or directory

    The /etc/fstab on your upgrade partition does not reference a valid
swap partition

    Press OK to reboot your system.

My /etc/fstab looks like:

# This file is edited by fstab-sync - see 'man fstab-sync' for details
/dev/VolGroup01/LogVol00 /                       ext3    defaults
1 1
LABEL=/boot1            /boot                   ext3    defaults
1 2
none                    /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620
0 0
none                    /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults
0 0
none                    /proc                   proc    defaults
0 0
none                    /sys                    sysfs   defaults
0 0
# /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 /old_disk	ext3	defaults	1 1
/dev/hda1 /mnt/windows ntfs ro,umask=0222                         0 0
/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol01 swap                    swap    defaults
0 0
/dev/VolGroup01/LogVol01 swap                    swap    defaults
0 0
/dev/hdd                /media/cdrom            auto
pamconsole,exec,noauto,managed 0 0
/dev/hdc                /media/cdrecorder       auto
pamconsole,exec,noauto,managed 0 0

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong??

Nigel