Upgrade from RH9 to FC4 and missing yum

Hsin Wang wang at mail.csi.cuny.edu
Mon Sep 26 23:29:37 UTC 2005

Markku Kolkka said that I needed yum-2.3.2-7.noarch.rpm from FC4 disc 1.  I
installed that and indeed everything works fine:  when I clicked the up2date
button, it imported yum, and I got all the updated packages installed.  The
only annoyance is that most of the packages were not signed with GPG
signatures and I was prompted with the warnings a hundred of times.  I wish
I knew how to turn them off.

I am a bit puzzled by the talk that up2date is broken on FC4.  It seems to
work (via yum) for me, except that the blue check button is misleading.

So I have not used yumex.  But I did download it too and could try it next
time.  Thanks for the help.

--
Hsin Wang