Upgrade from RH9 to FC4 and missing yum

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Sep 27 15:05:07 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-09-27 at 10:45 -0400, Hsin Wang wrote:
> I suspect that I may not have the GPG key installed because every
> package came unsigned.  How do I find out?  and how do I install the
> key?

Hmm, as I recall, the first time I tried to use YUM (I think it was YUM)
without a GPG key I was prompted whether I wanted to fetch and install
it, and it did.

If you're installing/installed from disc, you can import them from
there.  If not, go to a Fedora mirror, and fetch them from there.

Probably start by reading this:
<http://fedora.redhat.com/about/security/>

Look in here for keys to be imported:  /usr/share/doc/fedora-release-4/

e.g. rpm --import /usr/share/doc/fedora-release-4/RPM-GPG-KEY*

I read messages from the public lists.