network tools and wireless configuration

Tóth Imre imre.toth at arxnet.hu
Tue Sep 27 22:49:01 UTC 2005

Hi,

> I'm trying to make a wireless connection using wpa-psk but it seems none of
> the available tools in FC4 supports this. They support WEP but unfortunately
> my AP doesn't work well with it.
> Is there any simple tool available which I can use to set the SSID and a
> wpa-psk key ?
I think, you forget now the wpa-psk. I think it's a big suck! Really!
The best solution, you remove the wpa-psk package, and you install the
same one. It's names wireless-tools. This package has include iwconfig
and iwlist command. This is the most important while you want to connect
the wireless network. When you install wireless-tools, you use the
system-config-network util and set up the wireless connection with
wizard. Which network card use you? Which driver? Ndiswrapper? You don't
forget load the kernel module with your card, before you use
system-config-network. Ok?

Bye, Emeric