Bash bug?

BRUCE STANLEY bruce.stanley at prodigy.net
Wed Sep 28 13:36:07 UTC 2005

I can't remember the title of the clasic KSH book we used in the good old days
(it was white with blue lettering if I remember right), but I
do not remember it ever saying that ENVs would be local within
a 'while' loop.  Until Linux, I never had this problem with ksh.

I don't know if that was the case though with bsh (original bourne shell)
as we never used it.