OT: Massachusetts Verdict: MS Office Formats Out

Jiann-Ming Su sujiannming at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 19:52:19 UTC 2005

On 9/28/05, Temlakos <temlakos at gmail.com> wrote:
> Not in a hundred years will MS do any such thing.

The whole antitrust trial was a complete waste of money.  It was just
a big welfare check for lawyers.  If the federal government had simply
said it would not be buying any software that didn't use open file
formats, Microsoft would have open up their formats or complied with
some standard before the end of the week.  Users have to understand
they own their data, not the software vendor.

--
Jiann-Ming Su