java web start broken

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Fri Sep 30 21:32:53 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-09-30 at 16:15, John Wendel wrote:
> Scot L. Harris wrote:

> > The 1.5.0_3 version has been working for me under FC3 for some time.  I
> > loaded the package directly from Sun.  You might try that.
> >

> I'm running this, also directly from Sun:
>
> [jwendel at Godzilla1 ~]$ java -version
> java version "1.5.0_05"
> Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_05-b05)
> Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_05-b05, mixed mode, sharing)
>
> If it's not too much trouble, where did you find 1.5.0_3 ?

I pulled it from Sun's site many many months ago.  I am sure there are
updates to it since then.  Actually I do have version 1.5.0_04-b05 as
well.  I pulled the first version to solve that specific problem with
javaws.  Had to get some tools that are needed for work going on my
laptop and that was required when I loaded the laptop with FC3.
Previously the laptop with FC2 did not have that problem since they had
not made those changes in the glib.