One more mplayer qyestion

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Fri Sep 30 21:46:32 UTC 2005

On Friday 30 September 2005 5:36 pm, akonstam at trinity.edu wrote:
> So I went and installed:
> mplayer-1.0.0-0.20050916.1.fc4.ut
> mplayer-libs-1.0.0-0.20050916.1.fc4.ut
>
> And this is what happened. When I opened a movie trailer I got by
> e-mail I got the sound but not the picture.
>
> Then I went to www.css.com and tried to play their video. An error
> message that it could not find Windows media player.
>
> So what do I do now.?
are the libs the same as the codecs? if not, you need to install those - I've
got it working and never installed any libs to my knowledge, though they may
have been installed as dependencies. Codecs are available at mplayer's site.
You need to get the 'all' package and put them in /usr/lib/win32

--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA