Yum complains About baseurl

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Wed Aug 2 01:59:14 UTC 2006

Ric Moore writes:

> On Tue, 2006-08-01 at 13:08 -0700, polk wrote:
>> When I run yum I receive the following error. Has there been a change in
>> the URL addresses?
>>
>> [root at localhost yum.repos.d]# yum install nedit
>> Setting up Install Process
>> Setting up repositories
>> core
>> [1/3]
>> Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: core
>> Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: core
>>
> Samething here... see? We're all idiots. No need for a "Guide to FC5 for
> the Complete Idiot"

                                Site Maintenance

   In order to provide you with a better experience on redhat.com we are
   currently doing site maintenance and upgrading our systems. We apologize
   for any inconvenience this may cause. Please come back in a few hours for
   full access to our improved site.

yum is trying to grab the mirror list from redhat.com, but gets this
instead, so it vomits all over itself.