10TB RAID issues

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Aug 5 07:19:15 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-08-03 at 15:41 -0500, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
> One option is to stick another drive in the machine and boot from
> that.

I would have thought that to be quite a practical approach.  I'd presume
that someone with a 10TB system was prepared to spend money, and that
most of that space is for storage not OS and applications.  Keeping
system and storage completely separate would help with maintenance, too.
You could remove storage while fiddling with system and applications and
never have to worry about screwing it up.

I read messages from the public lists.