gnome-mount crashes when data DVD inserted

Brian Chadwick brianchad at westnet.com.au
Mon Aug 7 06:25:30 UTC 2006

Hi ll

I have this problem where when I insert a data dvd into my dvd-rom,
gnome-mount crashes and reports an "unexpected error." (By the way ..
using FC5). Inserting a data CD instead, works as expected... its only
data DVD's. (all in the same DVD-ROM)

I have logged a bug report with fedora.redhat but nothing seems to have
been done with it ...

So I am wondering...do some of you out there have no problem when data
dvd's are mounted by gnome-mount, or do you all experience the problem
... i am wondering whether this is somehow to do with hardware.

Interestuingly, manually mounting the dvd using "mount -t iso9660
/dev........" etc works perfectly ... so its sseem something to do with
gnome's hardware abstraction layer, gnome-vfs or gnome-mount.

Further, the gnome-live-disk works flawlessly also ... so its clearly
something to do with fedora's implementation, since the orginial gnome
is ok with it ... also ubuntu works fine too.

Any feedback please?

Cheers and Beers

Brian