Upgrading a server to FC5

Przemyslaw Gawronski pgg at tanren.pl
Wed Aug 9 06:40:03 UTC 2006

> Look at the tune2fs -j option.

Thanks, that's what I was looking for.

> If the BIOS can boot from the hard drive, then it should not be a
> problem. The only thing that you may have to be careful of is that
> you may need a /boot partition that is conpletely below the 1028
> cylinder boundary, depending on how old the BIOS is. If the system
> only has SCSI drives, it could be that the BIOS does not support
> booting from SCSI drives, and that SCSI controllers do not have
> their own BIOS. It is also possible that both controllers have their
> own BIOS, and that they do not work well together.  You may have to
> do some research to set things up so the correct one is booting the
> system.

Yes, I think this is the case, when BIOS doesn't support booting from
SCSI drives. On that machine there is also an IDE drive /dev/hdc do you
think that putting GRUB on it's Master Boot Sector will allow it to boot
from an SCSI partition?

Thanks for help

Przemek
--
AIKIDO TANREN DOJO  -   Warszawa - Mokotow - Ursynow - Natolin - Kabaty
info: http://www.tanren.pl/ tel.: 0-506-61-31-47  email: dojo at tanren.pl
NOK (Natolinski Osrodek Kultury), ul. Na Uboczu 3, tel.: (22) 648 65 81