(no subject)

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Fri Aug 11 19:36:07 UTC 2006

Hi,

> I was wondering what Fedora would run great on an IBM POS machine with
> a Cyrix 166 and 32mb of memory.

In theory, you should be able to get FC5 to run on that. That said, in
theory WinXP will run on a top end 486, but neither is gonna happen.
Really speaking, you may get FC2 to run on that, but you'd be better off
with something like slackware

> I am looking on running a Java Application.  Any help you can switch
> my way would be great.

Forget it - Java is a massive hog.

TTFN

Paul
--
Wenn sie denken, dass die bildung teuer ist, versuchen sie ignoranz