FC5 : problem with printconf

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 11 20:54:01 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-08-11 at 12:04 -0400, Tony Nelson wrote:
> At 9:22 AM +0700 8/11/06, Iwan Setyawan wrote:
> >Now for the tougher question: did I do something before this problem
> >occurs? Well, the only thing I could remember is updating some packages
> >using yum. I don't recall specifically which packages I updated, but I
> >think printconf and printconf-gui were among them.
>
> Look at the end of /var/log/yum.log.
Hello, is there anyone out there. I don't know what you did you to
destroy printconf, but the fact is it should never be used on a machine
printing through cups. And I don't care if there are people living on
the edge and successfully using printconf. Don't do it and you will be
happier in the end. Use localhost:631.
Old timer, n.: One who remembers when charity was a virtue and not an
organization.
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net