Spamassassin and evolution

Peter Gordon peter at thecodergeek.com
Fri Aug 11 22:20:27 UTC 2006

Craig White wrote:
> The fact is that Linux recycles code and thus Thunderbird, Evolution and
> I believe Kmail (though I'm not certain) use spamassassin to filter junk
> e-mail.

Actually, no. Though it can be configured to use SA instead or in addition to,
Thunderbird at least (not certain about KMail or others) has its own
probablistic spam filter (coined "Bayesian" by some). In fact, its filtering
is *extremely* fast. For an example, I connect to my mail server via IMAP+TLS
(and IMAP+SSLv3 for my other mail account), and am on something like 20+
mailing lists on this account, and Thunderbird filters the mails (about
1000-1200 new daily) nearly instantaneously. This is only one reason I like
it so much. :)
--
Peter Gordon (codergeek42)
This message was sent through a webmail