keeping kmod-nvidia and kernel upgrades "in sync"

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Fri Aug 11 23:05:12 UTC 2006

> How are kernel and kmod-* supposed to be kept in sync? (I'd rather not
> use yum excludes, if I don't have too).

 > yum install yum-fedorakmod

haven't tired it myself but I'm told it handles this sort of thing

yum-fedorakmod.noarch                    0.6-2.fc5              extras
Matched from:
yum-fedorakmod
Yum plugin to handle fedora kernel modules.
Plugin for Yum to handle installation of kmod-foo type of kernel modules, when
new kernel versions
are installed.
kmod-foo kernel modules is described by the Fedora Extras packaging standards.
http://linux.duke.edu/yum/download/yum-utils/

there is also a

yum-kernel-module.noarch                 0.6-2.fc5              extras
Matched from:
yum-kernel-module
Yum plugin to handle kernel-module-foo type of kernel module
http://linux.duke.edu/yum/download/yum-utils/