Latest Seamonkey update

NORM norm at workingtools.ca
Mon Aug 14 01:40:23 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-08-13 at 20:14 -0400, Jim Cornette wrote:
> Norm wrote:
> > Is it just me or are others having problems with Seamonky after the
> > update yesterday?
> > I had Seamonkey working well in my core 5 installation, since then there
> > seems to be no wy to start and run Seamonkey now.  Assuming it was some
> > problem I created I reinstalled core 5 and tried it again the problem
> > still exists.
> >

> I have the problem also. The only remedy that I found was to put SELinux
> into permissive mode before launching seamonkey.
>
> There probably is some SELinux incantation which can be applied to
> seamonkey either at the packaging level or at the passing on of the
> chcon <SELinux incantation>
>
> I had to relabel my system because of some gnome problem where none of
> the icons launchers or applets were displayed when gnome launched with
> early-login as a boot parameter. Seamonkey quit launching without
> putting SELinux into permissive mode before launching the program.
>
> If setting SELinux to permissive mode with setenforce 0 in a root
> terminal performed before launching seamonkey allows seamonkey to
> launch, I'll file a bug report or you can file a report and  I'll add my
> "me too" comment to it. Pass on the bug ticket number if you file the
> report.
>
> Jim
Thanks for the suggestion Jim, I dropped my SELinux back to permissive
and did a reboot and Seamonkey works again.  Thinking back I recently
attempted to bring SELinux back from disabled to enabled and the
computer would not reboot but hung some where telling me there was a
file error and the only solution I could find was a reinstall,
It looks like you have followed the bug through a little further and can
probably explain the bug better - I'll leave it up to you to file the
report.