Need Standard C++ Compiler for M$ Windows

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 22:49:12 UTC 2006

On 8/14/06, Yunus <yunus at cdl.co.id> wrote:
> > On 8/13/06, Yunus <yunus at cdl.co.id> wrote:
> > >

> > > Dear All,
> > >
> > > I am learning C++. Can anyone suggest a good Standard C++ Compiler for
> > > Windows ?
> > >
> > > FYI, i am using dual OS i.e:Fedora Core 3 (FC 3) dan Win XP. In FC 3, i
> have
> > > GNU g++ compiler.
>
> >From :"Arthur Pemberton",
> > well, Borland just isn't what it used to be. So I am going to have to
> > suggest Microsoft Visual Studio, I don't much use it myslf, however I
> > do know that code which compiles in g++ tends to compile on it, with
> > slight mods.
>
> >From: "jdow",
> > I believe if you dig around msdn.microsoft.com you can find yourself
> > a free, for awhile, copy of the Visual C++ compiler, which means if
> > you get into Microsoft specific "stuff" you'll have a toop to work
> > with.
> > Otherwise you get to go through the gyrations needed to install
> > the gnu compilers on Windows. It can be done. I've not tried it.
> > Others here have, I am sure.
> Hi, Arthur and jdow,
> I don't want to get into Micro$oft specific "stuff". VC++ will be my last
> choice. I would like portable C++ code.
>
> I have ever heard about Intel C++ compiler. Does Intel C++ compiler support
> Standard C++?
>
> Thanks.
>
> yunus

Yunis,

I hve used the MS tool. They basically ripped the IDE off of Borland.
Anyways, I used it just to verify that my code would compile in it,
after developing it in Fedora/Kdevelop/g++ , and basically, if it
compiles in Visual Studio, it will compile in g++. Not sure if that is
good enough for you.
--
To be updated...