No sound on FC5

Edward Dekkers edward at tripled.iinet.net.au
Tue Aug 15 02:29:29 UTC 2006

Paul Davis (paul85) wrote:
> For some reason I am not getting any sound, the sound card is on the motherboard nForce 3 250, detected as AC'97 with Realtek under both KDE and gnome.
>
> I am using ALSA. have had no problem in the past with FC3 and Knoppix.
>
> any suggestions

Try opening the mixer to see if anything is muted. Seems to be the
number one solution judging by what I've seen on this list.

Ed.

--
***DISCLAIMER***

The director of Triple D Computer Services does not believe in
disclaimers or signatures - and thinks they are a severe waste of
bandwidth - if you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you
must stand on your head whilst picking your nose and singing the
national anthem.