glx not loading even though the log file shows no errors

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Thu Aug 17 00:38:36 UTC 2006

Philip Walden wrote:

> Yes I did have the nvidia driver when it was a RH9 system. I presumed
> the nvidia driver was removed with the removal of the 2.4.* RH9 kernel.
> The libglx.so appears to be a remnant of the RH9 that was left there
> when the FC4 upgrade decided that my TNT would not support GLX.
>
> That is why I was asking how to get the real xorg libglx.so

I've not run into that issue after an upgrade.  I'm not sure if trying
to un-install the nvidia driver would be of any help....

I didn't run FC4...but I believe it used up2date.  You could use the
--whatprovides parameter to determine what package supplied libglx.so
and then either grab just that file from the rpm or reinstall the
package.  FWIW, on RHELv3 it is provided by XFree86 and is named libglx.a.