upgraded FC3 to FC4 and then FC4 to FC5

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Thu Aug 17 14:10:00 UTC 2006

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu wrote:

> I would like to do an upgrade from FC4 to FC5, but I'm hesitant because
> of my past experience with it.  Doing a full install will take time, and
> I just don't have much of that these days.

I wouldn't have thought it would take nearly as much time
as the yum upgrade suggested.
I did this on one machine, and IIRC it took over 12 hours.

Surely the quickest way is to get the CDs
and do an upgrade with these.

However, I don't think a clean install takes that long.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366