Fedora Core 5 Issues

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 15:01:19 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-08-17 at 15:04 +0100, Timothy Murphy wrote:

> > FC5 is not a production type software, its probably meant for hobbyists or
> > someone who is experimenting with things that are not mission critical.
>
> I don't agree with that.
> In my experience it is neither more nor less "stable"
> than any other Linux distribution.

You are lucky or you haven't followed the list very long.  Fedora
intentionally stays close to development and thus pushes out a
lot of code that has not previously been tested in a lot of different
environments.  Whether you measure stability in terms of rate-of-change
or updates that cause crashes, fedora doesn't fare very well, but as
a tradeoff you get to try all the nifty new desktop stuff.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com