FC5 Installation Killing Computers

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Tue Aug 22 06:40:27 UTC 2006

Craig White wrote:

> You can't take untrusted users reports on this list seriously - they
> have to make a proper bug report and bugzilla is the place - it's not a
> bug if it isn't in bugzilla. The reporter that you are referring to did
> not have a credible report.

Noting a problem on the list and taking the temperature of the replies
is a useful tool.  If five or six people had similar experiences one
could draw something very different from my situation.  Sticking it in
Bugzilla is a different level of visibility.  However, despite I
couldn't convince myself or anyone else it was an OS problem in the end,
I and my two busted HDDs assure you the report is 'credible' and not
caused by some hallucination.

I think Hex Star will find an interesting feature of support lists or
forums... they're full of problems.  That's true for every OS.  Some of
the problems are real and effect everyone, some affect just a few users
in special circumstances and always some problems affect just the
reporter :-)

-Andy