Yum Update Mirrors

Christian Campbell ccampbell at BRUEGGERS.COM
Tue Aug 22 18:11:18 UTC 2006

Running FC5 and trying to do a 'yum check-update'.  Was receiving timeouts,
and increased the timeout to 300 seconds.  Now, when trying to download
primary.xml.gz files...the ETA to completion is over 500 minutes.  I'm
assuming the mirror sites are saturated?  I'm running on a T-1 connection,
so I'm guessing the bandwidth problem isn't on my end.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can effectively use yum?  A
different list of mirror sites?  Any help appreciated.

Christian

Christian Campbell
Systems Engineer
Bruegger's Enterprises Inc.
Desk: 802-652-9270
Cell: 802-734-5023
Fax: 802-660-4034

Email: ccampbell at brueggers dot com

PGP Public Key available via PGP keyservers or
http://www2.brueggers.com/pgp/ccampbell.html

"We all know Linux is great...
it does infinite loops in 5 seconds."
--Linus Torvalds