issue with libGL.so.1

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Wed Aug 23 12:02:00 UTC 2006

Claude Jones wrote:
> On Wednesday August 23 2006 7:47 am, Matthew Miller wrote:
>>> /sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/nvidia/libGL.so.1 is not a symbolic link
>> This is not an issue with libGL.so.1. This is an issue with the nvidia
>> binary driver.
>
> Yes, so I've now gathered. Simplifying my google search found lots of refs to
> this. Still trying to figure out what and if I should do?

AIUI ldconfig generates the necessary symlinks.  So if you have
libblah.so.1.2.3, ldconfig will make libblah.so.1.2, libblah.so.1 and
libblah.so to point to the actual specific version of the library you have.

I don't know what the /nvidia subdir is about but I would delete or move
any of the files in question except the most specific one (eg,
libblah.so.1.2.3) and run ldconfig as root.  When you look back there
should be some symlinks created and no more errors.

-Andy