Authentication with SMART_HOST in sendmail?

Steve Searle steve at stevesearle.com
Fri Aug 25 08:01:52 UTC 2006

Around 04:24am on Friday, August 25, 2006 (UK time), Tim scrawled:

> On Thu, 2006-08-24 at 20:00 +0100, Steve Searle wrote:
> > I am not aware of being blocked by anyone else.
>
> But the very nature of it means that you often won't "be aware" of the
> problem.  You won't get an e-mail from someone telling you that they
> didn't receive the e-mail they're replying to...   ;-)

I think quite often you will.  I have known an instance of someone whose
IP address was blacklisted by an anti-spam organisation, and therefor a
number of ISPs refused to accept his email.  (At least some of) those
ISPs bounced the email back to him.

I also think that eventually I would probably become aware of it - i.e.
chase the person up some other way if it appears my emails were being
constantly ignored.

Cheers

Steve

--

A:  Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q:  Why is top-posting a bad thing?

 08:59:22 up 6 days, 10:25,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00