TrueCrypt and FC5

David Fletcher fc at fletchersweb.net
Fri Aug 25 11:05:00 UTC 2006

At 09:33 24/08/2006, you wrote:

>I was having same problems with Fedora Core 5 ( FC 5 ) with SELinux
>disabled and found this link helpful:
>http://rpmfarm.free.fr/5/i386/RPMS.farm/repodata/repoview/kmod-truecrypt-2.6.17-1.2174_FC5smp-0-4.2a-1.EL.FC5.html
>
>It seems that the kernel needs a patch for the truecrypt module.

Being an intrinsically suspicious and untrusting of strangers type,
which is probably true of anybody interested in using truecrypt, how
do we know that the above is kosher? I mean, for all I know it could
be sponsored by the FBI and contain a special patch. Or am I being paranoid?

If enough people are interested, would the Fedora team be prepared to
add truecrypt to Extras?

Dave F