kernel panic

Peter Roopnarine proopnarine at calacademy.org
Fri Aug 25 18:43:04 UTC 2006

On Friday 25 August 2006 10:57, Thad Nielsen wrote:
> Also, have you checked your BIOS: does it
> see all the memory?  And your motherboard is capable of all that RAM,
> right?
Thanks, but yes, all the memory is visible (I am back to the original 8 GB),
and the motherboard will accommodate up to 32 GB. I am now switching RAM
slots, before checking all the modules. The machine has a motherboard with 4
memory banks, and a CPU expansion board with another 4 banks, so swapping all
the modules will require taking a few things apart.
Peter

--
Dr. Peter D. Roopnarine, Assoc. Curator
Department of Invertebrate Zoology & Geology

Phone: (415) 321-8271
FAX: (415) 321-8615
WWW: http://www.calacademy.org/research/izg/roopnarine/peter.htm
"there's a mansion on the hill"