fc5 : raid array does not appear as one drive?

dirk ooms dirk at onesparrow.com
Sat Aug 26 17:46:22 UTC 2006

Thanks guys. Indeed my raid controller is what they call a 'fakeraid'. And I
found some other messages on the web suggesting to just use the linux
software raid.

So I know what I have to do, but just for my understanding:
why are these fakeraids not supported:
1) because it is also software, it is no use to invest in making these raid
arrays visible to fedora. the linux software raid is just as performant.
OR
2) there is some fundamantal problem that makes it difficult/impossible to
make the fakeraid array visible to linux. if so,which problem?
OR

cheers,
dirk