MSI K9NGM2-FID Kernal won't boot after upgrade to 2174

Tom Horsley tomhorsley at adelphia.net
Tue Aug 29 16:38:29 UTC 2006

> This happens shortly after selecting in grub and the system just
> hangs.  I can however boot the orginal kernel 2.6.15 and I don't
> receive these messages.  Since this is a new board MSI doesn't have a
> newer bios to test, has anyone seen this?  Is there a workaround?
> Thanks.

Does this system have RAID on it (even RAID you aren't mounting, like
some Windows
partitions?). I had a lot of problems with dual booting on a Windows box
because
the Windows raid didn't conform to the rules linux expected (even though
I didn't
even want to mount the Windows partitions). I eventually had to update
the initrd
image and remove all the dmraid stuff trying to setup device mapper for
the
windows partitions. There were a lot of other folks with raid problems
as
well, and there are a couple of big long bugzillas about them (which I
can't
find now because bugzilla seems to be down :-).