FC5 - mozilla help needed

Thad Nielsen paroikos at myrealbox.com
Tue Aug 29 17:39:41 UTC 2006

Dean S. Messing [deanm at sharplabs.com] wrote:

> I'm unable to get Adobe `acroread' to run within Mozilla.
> Would someone who knows give me some pointers please?
>
> I'm running an up-to-date FC5 system.  Selinux is disabled.  Both
> `acroread' and `mozilla-acroread' are installed (from the Dries
> repository).  And I've verified that acroread works from the
> commandline.
>
> Yet when I try to view a .pdf from w/in mozilla, I get nothing.  On a
> large .pdf, I can see mozilla taking time to read the file in, but
> then I just get a blank mozilla window.  acroread is not being started
> at all.
>
> How do I begin to debug this?
>
> Thanks
> Dean

Dean, I also run an uptodate FC5 with selinux disabled.  I am running
mozilla 1.7.13-1.1.fc5 and AdobeReader_enu 7.05.-1 from Adobe itself.
I have no trouble opening PDF files from within mozilla.  Sorry that I
know nothing of the Dries repository.  You might examine your
/var/log/messages file for any helpful error messages.  You might try
Xpdf on the same PDF files that give you trouble in Adobe Reader.  You
might replace your Adobe Reader with the one at adobe.com.  Hope some
of this is helpful to you.

	T.