What is the language "British"?

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 29 23:38:54 UTC 2006

--- jdow <jdow at earthlink.net> wrote:

> From: "Steve Searle" <steve at stevesearle.com>
>
> > On Tue, August 29, 2006 12:30 pm, jdow wrote:
> >>
> >> And potatoe WAS/IS a legitimate spelling for
> potato in the US at the
> >> time illiterate lefties made it a means of
> tarring Dan Quayle.
> >
> > But Dan Quayle was correcting a school child who
> spelled it "potato", so
> > presumably he is at least as illiterate as your
> lefties since he didn't
> > know that potato was also correct.
>
> The card he was handed for the word spelled it
> potatoe. As it was a
> spelling test he took the card at its word. He was
> ambushed.
>
> {^_^}
>
> --

The spelling of "potatoe" changed to "potato" and so
Dan Quayle was made fun of,  but I guess that's
nothing compared to

A friend sent me the following message:

--------------------------------------
Hmmmmmm. . .

 Was this a mistake on Google's part?

1- Go to www.Google.com

2- Type in       Failure

3- Look at the first listing and see what comes up
listed first

Was this done intentionally?

I hope no one get's offended, but since this thread
lends itself.  why not?

Regards,

Antonio