Rebuilding postfix with mysql suport

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Wed Aug 30 07:12:26 UTC 2006

Przemyslaw Gawronski schrieb:

>Hi, what is the 'cleanest' way to rebuild a Postfix rpm (srpm) so it
>will handle mysql on FC5?

rpmbuild --rebuild --define 'MYSQL 1' postfix-2.2.8-1.2.src.rpm

>Will it rebuild it self with the mysql suport when I run 'yum update'
>and a new version of Postfix will be FC repos ?

No, you will have to care for the updates yourself, as yum is for
updating binary packages. In case of a postfix update yum will still
suggest to update postfix with the default distribution version, if you
do not exclude postfix in the configuration.

>Thanks
>
>Przemek

Alexander