Seven Percent

Mark Haney mhaney at ercbroadband.org
Thu Aug 31 16:19:06 UTC 2006

Todd Zullinger wrote:

> FWIW, I tried the same thing with SUSE 10.1 and it failed the suspend
> test but it did enable the ipw3945 driver easier than FC.  Next up is
> Gentoo. :)

The Good Thing (tm) about Gentoo is it's Wiki.  I've never used Fedora's
(mainly because I"ve never needed to), but Gentoo's is even better than
Ubuntu's as far as content and useful information.  As for suspend on
Gentoo, if it's hard on FC, it's probably going to be about the same
with Gentoo.  The docs for setting it up are better, I think, but it's
still a laborious process.  I finally got it working on my laptop, but
have abandoned using it since suspend on 64-bit is still shaky when
running a GUI.

--
Ceterum censeo, Carthago delenda est.

Mark Haney