USB Hard Drive Activity Slows down Host

Sean seanlkml at sympatico.ca
Mon Jun 19 20:43:33 UTC 2006

On Mon, 19 Jun 2006 15:34:40 -0500
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think there is quite a bit of CPU overhead in transferring
> data through a USB controller.  Firewire might be more
> efficient if it happens to work in the kernel version you
> are using (there have been problems over the last year or so).

Wow!  It seems you've been enjoying GPL software for over a
year at least!  The GPL software must be very wonderful
for you to use it so much even though you hate its license.
I guess the GPL must be doing something very right for you
to put aside your personal convictions and use it regardless.

YAY for GPL software!!!!  Working as intended.

Sean