slow smtp connections from LAN (solved)

Don Russell fedora at drussell.dnsalias.com
Tue Jun 6 02:18:25 UTC 2006

About two months ago I posted a message about slow responses from my
SMTP server when connecting from within my LAN...  Ref:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2006-April/msg00677.html

In case others run into a similar situation, I solved it by running
named on the same machine with SMTP (sendmail) and configuring the dns
info for the reverse lookups of my private LAN address range. Then of
course making the local machine act as the dns server for itself.

Now sendmail is working properly... well, it was working properly, but
now that nasty delay is gone. :-)

Some references I found useful:
http://sendmail.org/tips/private-dns/