I have a full /boot and need help

Kayvan A. Sylvan kayvan at sylvan.com
Tue Jun 6 19:40:51 UTC 2006

On Tue, Jun 06, 2006 at 12:15:15PM -0700, Bazooka Joe wrote:
> I didn't make /boot big enough and I was wondering what I can delete if
> anything.
>
> this is a multi processor box so I know it needs the smp files

Yes. You can delete all your old kernels...

1) "uname -r" to tell you what kernel you are running.

2) "rpm -qa | grep kernel"

3) "rpm -e" all the kernel-XXX and kernel-devel-XXX kernels you want to delete.
   I recommend keeping your last two kernels.

4) In addition, you might want to do the following:

   rpm -e `rpm -qa | grep kernel | grep -v smp`

   That will remove all kernel and kernel-devel stuff that is not smp.

			---Kayvan
--
Kayvan A. Sylvan          | Proud husband of       | Father to my kids:
Sylvan Associates, Inc.   | Laura Isabella Sylvan, | Katherine Yelena (8/8/89)