kde in extras - the devel discussion

anthony baldwin anthonybaldwin06 at comcast.net
Wed Jun 7 11:27:03 UTC 2006

>> -Andy
>
> Personally I prefer Gnome, but then that is my choice.  One thing I
> like about Linux when compared to that other operating system is one
> does have choices.
> My feeling is the core of Fedora at 5 cd's is getting a little out of
> hand; if I may make a suggestion in this area why not reduce the core
> to a true minimum needed to intiate an installation and create bundles
> of extras on various particular themes  such as the KDE extras
> bundle.  This way after I have downloaded the mandatory core I could
> select the various extra bundles that contain other ares I am
> interested in.  As things are now I am just installing desktops, I
> don't need the server options.  If I had the option to not download
> server applications I would save on band width when downloading the
> iso's, if at a later date I find I need to install servers I could
> always download the "server extras" or which ever ones I have chosen
> to not install at this time.
> Norm

That makes sense....
I would prefer to DL just want I want to install.
Like a desktop with KDE, no server stuff, no gnome.

tony

--
Anthony Baldwin
Translator / Court Qualified Interpreter / Certified English Teacher

http://www.baldwinlinguas.com
English, Français, Español & Português
860-399-7118 / 860-235-8233