recommendations for mailbox-watching programs like gbuffy

George Avrunin avrunin at math.umass.edu
Wed Jun 7 16:55:27 UTC 2006

>>>>> On Wed, 07 Jun 2006 10:27:05 -0600, "AJS" == Anthony Joseph Seward <anthony.seward at ieee.org> wrote:

  AJS> yum info mail-notification
  AJS>
  AJS> In Extras, I think.
  AJS>
  AJS> Tony

Thanks.  As I mentioned in my original post, although
mail-notification will certainly monitor multiple mailboxes, it
doesn't provide a clear indication about which mailbox has new mail
unless you move the mouse over it to get a tooltip or click to get the
main window.  (Same problem with gnubiff.)  One of the things I like
about gbuffy/xbuffy is that I can just glance over to see which of the
mailbox names are highlighted without having to move the mouse from
whatever I'm doing with it at the moment.  (Unless I'm missing
something about how mail-notification works.  If so, I would be very
glad for enlightenment.)

  George