Intel PRO/Wireless 2200/2915 firmware on FC5

Lucas Brasilino brasilino at prrr.mpf.gov.br
Wed Jun 7 19:00:53 UTC 2006

Hi Dave:

>  > I know theres actually two threads about wireless support
>  > on FC5, but I didn't start reading it from beginning.
>  >
>  > Why not IntelPRO 2200BG/2915ABG firmware was packaged into kernel rpm,
>  > or something like it? Due licensing issues?
>
> Yes. There's a problem with redistribution rights.

Ok, but a note at 'Release Notes' about it should be nice but not
just `Support for wireless cards Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2100 and
2200 has been added.'.
Another thing, I think 'ipw2200' module should not be loaded if firmware
is not present...

bests regards
--
[]'s

Lucas Brasilino
brasilino at prrr.mpf.gov.br
Procuradoria da República no Estado de Roraima
+55-95-36239642