FTP diff via script?

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Thu Jun 8 09:50:58 UTC 2006

Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> On 6/8/06, Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko at greshko.com> wrote:
>> Arthur Pemberton wrote:
>> tree

>> > Wasn't aware that rsync supported FTP, will have to checkup on that.
>>
>> I didn't say it supported FTP....  It is a transfer mechanism on to
>> itself.  But, it does what I think you are asking.  It will only
>> transfer the bits that have changed.
>>

> Well thanks, but the data to be transfered is only accessible to me
> via ftp....sadly.

You can look at wget.  It has a "mirror" option....

--mirror
           Turn on options suitable for mirroring.  This option turns on
recur-sion and time-stamping, sets infinite recursion depth and keeps
FTP directory listings.  It is currently equivalent to -r -N -l inf
--no-remove-listing.

--
But like the Good Book says... There's BIGGER DEALS to come!